Your browser has a folder in which certain items that have been downloaded are stored for future use. Graphic images (such as buttons and icons), photos, and even entire web pages are examples of items that are saved or cached. When visiting a webpage, your browser checks if a copy of the files on the page is in its cache already. If so, it will save the visitor some downloading and make web pages load faster.
There are some situations within EngagedMD where your cache can cause problems. Here are instructions on how to clear your browser’s cache in Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click the menu button in the top right corner and choose 'Preferences.'
2. Go to the 'Privacy & Security' tab and click 'Clear Data'under the Cookies and Site Data section.
3. Unselect the Cookies and Site Data option then click the Clear button. Close the Preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Tip: Here's another way to clear the Firefox cache:
- Click the menu button (three horizontal lines icon) to open the menu panel.
- Click History and select Clear Recent History….
- Next to Time range to clear, choose Everything from the drop-down menu, select Cache in the items list, make sure other items you want to keep are not selected, and then click the OK button.